Tuesday, January 1, 2013

resolutions

I've been a poor blogger, friends - and for it I apologize. The holidays have been an intensely busy and exhausting time, and I've been taking some over-due rest days wherein I accomplish nothing more than dozing, reading, and spending time with my loved ones - usually while still in PJs. I did cook a fantastic christmas dinner for my hubs, and will be turning the leftover turkey (Daryl, we named him) into turnovers this week. I was particularly proud of my tablescape and coffee/dessert service, complete with the fancy china, christmas cat linen napkins, and a centrepiece made from cuttings around the house.



I have been diligently quilting away - I worked out that if I quilt two squares a day it will take me a month. I'm going to try to set aside a few days to quilt my little heart out and expedite the process. I'm crazy about how it's looking so far - pictures to come shortly.

I am always one for resolutions. I may not always keep them but, as a list-maker, it fills something inside of me to write down my hopes for myself in the new year. For the sake of accountability, here are my 2013 New Years Resolutions:
  •  Keep up a healthy and active lifestyle. Lose 10-15lbs by the summer; ideally by April. Run the Color Run completely, without walking. Spend more time hiking with the pups.
  • Drink more water - 8 glasses a day.
  • Read a minimum of one new book a month. Rereading old books doesn't count (but is encouraged.)
  • Sign up for an activity/join a social group. Make new friends. 
  • Complete the 4 quilts that I have pieced/half pieced. 
  • Write more, and take more photos. 
  • Worry less. Allow myself to enjoy spontaneity again.Try to finish a project before I get started on a new one!

I've got a lot of work to do this year, and we've got a lot of plans for 2013. Here's to truly living this year, and making it the best year possible! 
 
 
 Love, Kate

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your blog. You have some good resolutions listed, and I have no doubt you will accomplish them all. You are a remarkable young woman. Love and hugs, Bunny

    ReplyDelete