Tuesday, January 20, 2015

january hymn

Today it is the hard times that bring me back to you, friends. I don't know that I could accurately convey just how difficult this past weekend has been, but take my word for it - it was terrible. Of course, it wasn't without some high points: meals taken with family, evenings with friends where laughter abounds; but the days seemed tainted somehow, with this aura of doom floating just overhead. 

Even now as I prepare to go in to work on a perfectly warm and sunny day, the kind of day my heart should find joy in, I feel adrift in the world. Where are we going? What is the point? Even to think that I could spend the day surrounded by pets and favourite past-times I am left feeling uneasy. I suppose for that it's good that I can't. To keep busy and make chit-chat might be the only salvation from this funk I'm feeling. A low, deep vibration that spells trouble.

1 comment:

  1. Hopefully, this is simply winter blues. Wishing you peace and joy. You are loved.

    ReplyDelete